Tuesday, October 18, 2011

PARENTS' WEEKEND

P - Phi Eta Sigma inductions were held the Friday night of Parents' Weekend. 76 members of the Class of 2014 were inducted. Along with these members, Dr. Joe Lemak was chosen to be the honorary inductee! I was among this year's inductees and enjoyed the ceremony very much. I celebrated this event with my wonderful parents who traveled down to Elmira just for the ceremony. Congratulations to all new members in Phi Eta Sigma and the other Honor Societies who inducted new members during Parents' Weekend.
A - The A' Capella singing groups were well represented in the EC Music Expo. Chiclets began the show with their amazing vocals and great acting skills! Members of EC Naturals showed their wonderful ability to rehearse by performing an all new arrangement to Pink's "Raise Your Glass." Finally, A1 & The Sauce closed out the show. They received a standing ovation at the end of their performance for wowing the crowd! These clubs kicked off Parents' Weekend with great enthusiasm and harmony.
R - Relaxing with my parents was by far my favorite part of the weekend! I only saw them for a few hours, but that was better than not seeing them at all! We were able to sit and talk and "celebrate" my birthday. I did not travel home for my birthday so they brought my birthday gifts, as well as, things that I forgot at home. What was my birthday gift? A good old fashion Swiffer to sweep the floor in my room! :)
E - EC Dance Expo also included performances by Danceline and Orchesis. Seeing what all of the choreographers have come up with for this term was enjoyable. The dance that I am in "Raise Your Glass" performed great and I we just finished learning the rest of it! Orchesis' Fall Term shows will be November 9 and 10 at 8:00 PM in the Gibson Theatre, so come on out and see some great dancing!!
N - No sleep embraced me this weekend due to OL Duties, as well as having to attend information sessions for Term III and performances with my dance groups. I had a lot of fun though, spending time with friends, especially at the dinner dance. But I was especially glad for no classes on Tuesday to catch up on my sleep!
T - Tap Ensemble performed some of their tap routines that they have been working on over the past three weeks. I had fun at this event because it was the first time I performed tap in front of a large group of people. I am so excited to see all of the finished pieces when show at our Tap Performance at the beginning of Term II.
S - The sports teams of Elmira College showed off their athletic abilities during home contests on the Campus fields and in Speidel Gymnasium. Even our JV teams got in on the action, playing purple versus gold games. These games are great because half of the team plays against the other half. It shows friendly competitions at its greatest!
YAY for a very successful 2011 Parents' Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment