Friday, October 7, 2011

Hey all!

I just wanted to introduce myself so that you know more about me and can understand why I write more about some topics or go to certain events rather than others.

S - Spectating Sports - As I was never really an athlete during my schools years, I have become a fan of watching all forms of athletic contests. Here at EC, I thoroughly enjoy watching both men's and women's basketball and the hockey games at the Domes. I am not much of a winter person so going to these games gives me something to do where I am not outside while still being able to support our sports teams!

K - Knowledge gaining - School and getting good grades are extremely important to me. I have always said that if I could be a professional student and not have mountains of debt, I would. Since that is currently not an option, I decided on being an adolescent education major. This works out because I can spend the rest of my life in a school! YAY! :) As a teacher you learn about new things, while helping others find a love in learning. It is the perfect situation!

Y - Youthful interpretation of life - I did not really know what to put for "y," so I decided I would give my philosophy on life instead. In your younger years, you are given a lot of opportunities to do things. Once you get a serious job and start a family, you do not necessarily have time to do everything you love. Therefore, I believe that we have to take supreme advantage of every opportunity given to us because we may never have another chance to do so!

L - Langue de francaise - In addition to majoring in Adolescent Education, I am a French major too. Since I started learning French in middle school, I have absolutely loved the language and the culture. Oftentimes, I speak in French when I am not in class. However, it is what i like to call a hybrid. I mix both French and English to emphasize what I know how to say and what i have yet to learn. This Term III, my French will get the ultimate test as I will travel to Paris again!!!

A - Artistry of dance - I have been dancing for approximately twelve years and could not think of a better way to spend my "me-time." My favorite styles are lyrical, pointe, ballet, jazz, and modern. Dancing is a major way in which I express myself. Here at Elmira College I am a member of Orchesis, which is the dance group on campus who puts together shows twice a year. Also, this year I joined EC Tap Ensemble. I am having such a great time with these ladies learning new aspects to the wonderful art of dance!

R - Relaxing to tv shows- The way I "relax" after a hectic day is usually by watching television and writing a paper at the same time. My favorite shows are Dance Moms and the Real Housewives television series. First off, Dance Moms is a great show and the girls who perform are insanely talented! The mom's are crazy, but they really care about their daughter's career in the entertainment industry. FYI: Not all mothers whose daughters dance are like that, I promise. The Real Housewives series is just completely entertaining and really lets me take a focus away from my life and enjoy seeing how other people solve their problems.

So, that's me in a nutshell and the general diagnosis of my life. Stay tuned for more blogs about the plentiful opportunities provided at Elmira College!

P.S.
I will try to write in an acrostic poem for each one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment