Sunday, February 5, 2012

EC Tap Ensemble Presents: "Party of Our Lives"

This past weekend, February 3 and 4 was EC Tap Ensemble's performance! The theme was music of our generation including, "Believe" by Cher, "One Week" by Barenaked Ladies, "MMM Bop" by Hanson, and so many others! It was such a great show with something for everybody.
.
T- Teamwork – The one thing that I have noticed with Tap Ensemble, as opposed to any other club I am in, is the amount of teamwork and camaraderie that every person has with each other. Whether someone hurt themself during Tech Week, or were crying because it was there last Tap performance, we all came together in a big group and comforted each other! These ladies keep the heart in dancing and I am so glad that I have been able to be a part of such a loving group!

A- A New Way – This was my first year of tap … besides teaching five-year-olds how to shuffle, and I could not have asked for a better experience. After a while, not getting anywhere with your dancing is quite frustrating, so this allowed me to really recognize what I love about all art forms of dance and really “Find a New Way” to dance.
P- Professionalism – Tech Week is quite honestly one of the most stressful weeks in college. We all have our normal homework and reading to get done, as well as, other projects, plus three hours of tapping every night. This would give anybody a reason to be cranky and rude to anyone they see. This was not the case with our Officers. They were so cooperative and helped anyone who had questions or just needed clarification. It was probably the highest level of
professionalism that I have seen in a Tech Week … ever.
.
Thank you to all of our Officers, Dancers, Emcees, Tech staff, and anyone else who made this show so great! :)

1 comment: